Tuesday, August 25, 2015

How can you help someone today? 




As we head through our daily lives each day, we feel so stretched thin that we just can not give anymore. We hear the news of shootings in our towns, poverty among our neighbors and more, yet we say - what can I do, I can barely make it myself?  We feel the ping in our heart, yet it passes with time. We become so "me" and go through each day thinking about what do I need next, what do I want now, ignoring the needs of others. If you really want to help others, it only takes a few extra seconds, not hours. It does not have to be big. It can be small actions that can turn into big things. Here's an example: while at the grocery store picking your needed items, grab a couple of extra boxes of cereal or jars of peanut butter and drop them off at your local church's food drive for the poor. I know a church in my area (St. Joseph's in Penfield, NY) that fills up a van with canned goods and non perishables each month for those in need. Maybe buy a baby bottle and put your loose change in it until it's full and drop it off at your local house of hospitality serving homeless women and children (Bethany House in Rochester, NY). It's the small gesture of #kindness that go along way in improving the quality of life for those less fortunate. So again I ask, How can you help someone today?   

#SpreadTheLove today! 

Vee

No comments:

Post a Comment